Can you Tile a Wall or Floor yourself?
Yes you can, .. but you need to have the time and patience to learn the different tiling techniques below, that our trained wall tilers have been doing for years. Here are some of the experiences that we have ensuring your next project has that professional finish without overspending.
Our wall tilers will come prepared with the correct tools for the project,
- whether it is the standard tiling tools (safety equipment, notched trowels, spacers, and a good tile cutter) or
- that one specialised tool you will need halfway through the project, (there is always one!)
Knowing the what type of tiles to buy. Our experience has taught us:
- the best use for porcelain and ceramic,
- floor tiles can be used on the wall .. but not the other way around
- the correct durability, density and slip rating are used in the walk-in shower or wet room.
We can leverage our relationship with suppliers,
- not only to get the best prices, but also
- to keep modern with trending products
Knowing how to perform tiling techniques such as:
- levelling a floor with on a base of a solid or wood floor.
- laying out different patterns,
- installing & cutting tiles for around windows, electric outlets and even round/curved fixtures,
- joining tiles on both internal and external corners
Purchase the correct type and amount of adhesive, grout and sealant
- so you don't buy too much (or too little),
- knowing which ones work best on walls and/or floors,
- as well as the time it takes to cure & dry during each stage.
Again, all of above is achievable by yourselves, but you will spend effort and time, planning the project, learning the different types of materials & techniques which is all over and above the actual implementation.
Instead of going through this time and effort, why don't you let us take on the next project!